We’re looking for a results-driven sales engineer to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. The ideal person will have a proven track record focused within large automotive organizations. As a new and exciting solution in an industry that’s been largely untouched by innovation, Fusion is uniquely positioned to grow into the market leader. This is an extraordinary, career-making opportunity. As a critical hire in a dynamic organization, the Automotive Sales Engineer will join a team of professionals focused on scaling and growing our customer base and business through strategic direction. This role will report directly to the VP of Sales. The position will cover all automotive accounts in North America, so travel will be required. The ideal candidate will be a passionate person that can work with senior level decision makers.
- Secure orders of our patented products and services to prospective automotive customers in North America
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products and services to customers and prospective customers
- Work with customers to assess needs and determine a detailed project management timeline and priorities.
- Collaborate with internal team members to understand customer requirements
- Ability to influence change inside major organizations
- Generate new leads and opportunities as well as foster and grow existing historical Fusion Coolant relationships
- Responsible to manage time and resources to hit yearly goals
- Attend trade shows and society meetings
- BA in Business, or Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in the automotive industry and preferably in a sales and business development function
- Metal cutting experience and knowledge is a preferred
- Experience and familiarity with the target accounts that we seek to grow: FCA Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, American Axle Manufacturing, Dana Corporation, Nemak, ZF North America or similar industry targets.
- An ability to work collaboratively and at a technical level with in-house resources to create creative and cost-optimal customer proposals
- Proven history of consistently meeting goals
- Desire to be the commission leader in the field
- Highly motivated, independent worker
- Exceptional customer following and loyalty; relationship builder
- Excellent computer, follow-up and tracking skills
- Executive image and conduct
- Proven knowledge and expertise with technical sales, capital equipment sales or innovative product sales
- Strong project management practices to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Confident and can-do attitude
- Creative thinker